Frequently Asked Questions about Electronic Contribution

The following is a list of Frequently Asked Question that, hopefully, will answer your questions about electronicgiving. If you still have questions, please contact our Electronics Giving Coordinator at fccelectronic@

Q. What is an electronic contribution system?

A. Electronic contribution is an automatic transfer program which allows you to make contributions without writing checks or using cash. Instead you use your credit or debit card of transfer money directly from your checking or savings account.

Q. What is the advantage of electronic contribution?

A. It saves you time and work! It simplifies your life! You help the church stabilize its income.

Q. How does online giving work with my bank?

A. The online e-Giving service allows you to deduct any amount you specify directly from a savings or checking account - the same as if you wrote a check.

Q. How does online giving work with my credit or debit card?

A. The online e-Giving service allows you to use your credit or debit card to make any contribution amount you specify. Your credit or debit card will be charged just as it when you use it at a store.

Q. Can I give to special mission projects as well as the regular District and Synod commitment?

A. Yes. You can choose to give to designated mission projects also. Please focus on one or 2 ministries only, and fund them with at least $1,000 each annually. We ask that designated gifts be no more than 50% of a congregation’s total commitment.

Q. How are my electronic contributions deducted from my account?

A. Once you authorize the electronic contribution, your specified contribution is either electronically transferred directly from your checking or savings account or charged to your credit card. The funds are automatically transferred to the church’s account.

Q. When will my contribution be deducted from my account?

A. The deduction will occur on its due date or it will be charged to your credit card on the due date.. You never have to worry about forgetting a payment or mailing it on time.

Q. If I use the automatic deduction from my checking account, and, therefore, do not write checks, how do I keep my checkbook balance straight?

A. Since your contribution is made at a pre-established time, you simply record your contribution in your check register on the appropriate date.

Q. Without a canceled check, how can I prove I made my contribution?

A. Your bank statement gives you an itemized list of electronic transfers. It is your proof of contribution. And, the FCC records your contributions on your Giving Statement. You will receive this statement and this can be used to establish your proof of contribution.

Q. Is electronic contribution risky?

A. Electronic contribution is less risky than check contribution. It cannot be lost, stolen or destroyed in the mail. It has an extremely high rate of accuracy. And, we use secure technologies on our web site to protect your information.

Q. What if I change bank accounts?

A. Notify us and we will help you change your bank number and account number.

Q. What if I try electronic contribution and don’t like it?

A. You can cancel your authorization by notifying us any time. But, once you’ve enjoyed the convenience and time savings of electronic contribution, we hope you will want to continue to make contributions the convenient electronic way.

Q. If I do not want to use the computer to set-up automatic contributions, how do I sign up for electronic contribution?

A. Contact the electronic giving coordinator. We have authorization forms you may complete and sign that we can use to set up automatic electronic contributions for you.

Q. Can I use a credit card?

A: Yes, but choosing a checking or savings account is preferred for best stewardship of resources. Processing credit card transactions is more costly than electronic check transfers.

Q. Whom do I contact if I have a problem or have a question?

A. If you have any questions, please feel free to email our electronic contribution coordinator at or call the Church office at 203-438-8077.